First of all, Happy Weekend! I'm so excited to start sharing our plan of attack to update our very first home. To keep you from feeling overwhelmed with our "to-do list" (because I know I am) I am going to break it up into first floor, second floor, and exterior. So, this week will be the first floor, and here it is...
(Not the most accurate drawing ever, but I tried and its pretty close!)
Some of the projects we have planned for the first floor are (in no particular order)...
1. Replace the ceramic tile with travertine tile
2. Replace the wood blinds with either white blinds or shutters (just not the right wood tone for us)
3. Turn some openings into arches
4. Figure out what to do with our family room
5. Replace sofa with sectional and replace coffee table & area rug
6. Install ceiling fan in living room
7. Create custom entertainment center in media niche
8. Stain cabinets darker
9. Replace sliding glass doors with french doors
11. Install banisters in staircase instead of standard drywall
12. Maybe, hopefully, install some faux stone
13. Replace black microwave with a stainless steel one
14. Expand kitchen to include computer center
15. Paint subtle horizontal stripes in powder bath (and I want to do yellow vertical stripes in the laundry room...so far Ian isn't on board but we'll see)
16. Hang/purchase/make new art
17. Make window treatment for window over sink in kitchen
18. Replace faucets/lights/door hardware with oil rubbed bronze hardware
Holy moly...that's a long to-do list, and I'm only on the first floor. Many items are "maybe one days," others are some projects we'll be tackling as soon as we can so stay tuned! Coming up after the to-do lists and floor plans I'll have more pictures!
I'm also super excited to announce that I have designed and ordered our "save-the-dates" which cost us...35 bucks for 100 of them! I still have to pay for postage but when its all said and done it'll be less than $100 for everything! Wanna know how? I used Vista Print
, an online printing company. Using photoshop I used an engagement photo and some text to create a "save-the-date" postcard. Even if you don't have photoshop, you could easily use a program like paint or even word to create one! I wish I could show you pictures but I want to keep it a surprise for our guests (some read every week).
Hope everyone had a fabulous week and Happy Friday! -DIY Jill
Labels: DIY save the date, DIY save the date postcard, our first home, save the date postcard